COVID-19 Return to Office Guidance
As the economy reopens during the COVID-19 crisis, we at Carmichael Consulting are supporting our clients and their workers with a full range of resources, including links to the official CDC and OSHA guidance documents. (Scroll to the bottom of the page for the links.)
We are also advising on healthy practices and new technology that business leaders can put in place to help ensure workplace safety.
Here are a few of our top recommendations:
- Promote healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing and employees wearing a cloth face covering, as practical.
- Intensify cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation.
- Encourage social distancing and enhance spacing between employees using physical barriers, changing workspace layouts, closing or limiting communal spaces, staggering shifts and breaks, and limiting large events.
- Modifying travel and commuting practices where possible.
- Train all employees on health and safety protocols.
- Consider ongoing temperature monitoring. We have identified a temperature monitoring technology called TempDefend™ that offers full face, skin temperature detection for preliminary screening.
- Four-foot distance for better Protection.
- Audio and visual instructions to follow.
- Voice recognition command to activate more features.
- Video call and Virtual Reception features.
- Custom workflow and branding.
- Facial Recognition integration with employee database and Access Control systems.
- Sensors from FLIR® and other vendors.
- Consider a security locker for package delivery to maintain social distancing. ParcelPods™, are a complete locker system that helps you take control of your mailroom, ditching the health risk and costly efforts of hand-delivering packages across large areas. Let users come one at a time to one centralized location. FP’s ParcelPods solution helps you organize and keep track of all your incoming packages.
Carmichael Consulting Solutions is committed to helping its clients and their personnel and families navigate their way through this crisis. As we identify solutions that may assist, we will publish them here. We will also be providing ongoing updates as appropriate.
Stay well, stay safe!